Born in the city of Concepcion, Chile, Diego Rodriguez Inzunza sensei has professional studies in the area of Education, Physical Activity, Sports and Martial Arts.
He began his studies in Karate-do 空手道at the age of 6, in the Okinawa Isshinryū Seishinkan Organisation, under the guidance of Magaly Inzunza Sensei and Osvaldo Rodriguez Sensei, his parents.
With almost 27 years of training in Isshinryu Karate & Kobudo一心流空手古武道, martial arts have been a highly valuable element throughout the development and growth of the author, which evolved over the years to become a fundamental tool in the future success of several projects.
His professional and academic studies were developed at San Sebastian University, Chile, in the academic field of Education, motor skills development, physical activity and sports training. Strongly oriented to the maintenance of health, it is at this stage that the definitive link is established between training, research and teaching of martial arts with a professional profile.
In 2013 he obtained the academic degree of Bachelor in Education and a year later the professional title of Physical Education Teacher.
Simultaneously with his academic development, he managed to sustain a successful career as an active karate athlete/competitor, representing his Alma Mater in multiple championships at the regional, national and international levels (where the Okinawan Rengokai Karate & Kobudo World Karate World Championship stands out, held in Bueno Aires Argentina, 2010) This trajectory earned him a sports scholarship and being the winner for three consecutive years of the “SAN SEBASTIAN SPIRIT AWARD”, handed by the university to outstanding students who successfully develop their academic and sports life.
Being the captain of the university’s karate team, together with his colleagues they obtain important achievements in various competitions, positioning the university in the first places at the local level. High level of commitment, sacrifice and transmission of fundamental values are some of the essential characteristics highlighted by the team members, leading it to consolidate itself as an important leader who contributed to the achievement of sport and academic goals and later, the professional life of each one of those who were consistently involved with him troughout the years.
In 2013, the Seishinkan Budo School organisation, still having links with the Okinawa Isshin Ryu Karate & Kobudo 沖縄 一心流空手古武道 (OIKKA) founded by the Grand Master Angi Uezu, receives for the third time the visit of the current president, Master Christopher Chase and Diego Rodriguez Sensei is summoned to present the rank test for Yon Dan (4th dan Black Belt) in what was a historical event for the Seishinkan organization: 9 students presented examination for Shodan, one student for Sandan and one for Yon Dan.
As is tradition and complying with the standards of the Seishinkan Budo School organisation, Diego sensei develops the research up to then, more relevant to his professional career and as Karate practitioner: “Necessity and relevance of a sustained martial arts organisations leadership“, which, based on literature and other contemporary research, installs a new perspective and horizons of logistical and organisational growth.
In the strictly practical, after more than two hours presenting the entire technical program for the respective rank, the commission chaired by Master Christoper Chase and integrated at that time by Osvaldo Rodriguez Sensei, Ivan Parra Sensei and Carlos Alvear Sensei, grant the Yon Dan and the Menkyo Kaiden 免 許 皆 伝: め ん き ょ か い で ん (License of total transmission, Instructor) in Isshinryu.
In July 2014, Diego Sensei makes a tour to Sweden to begin to visualise the future of the organisation in Scandinavia. A group is established and training is developed 3 times a week for three months. This would be the beginning of the project that currently has occupied the author.
Two months later, in the framework of an OIKKA tour (organization in which the author was still an active member), Diego Sensei travels to England to participate in the technical seminar dictated by the current president of the organization, Master Christopher Chase.
A few years later, in the middle of 2016, Diego sensei, as part of a personal project, moves to Copenhagen Denmark and establish contact as a representative of Seishinkan, with Lars Andersen Sensei, active researcher of the martial arts, Joshinkan Isshinryu director, Tokushinryu Kobudo 徳身流古武道 and WUIKA Europe current representative.
After several conversations, there arises the concern and need to deepen the Okinawa Kobudo 沖縄古武道 study, and thus Diego sensei makes official his entry to the Tokushinryu Kobudo Organization 徳身流古武道 in Europe, initiating an intensive and arduous process of training under the guidance of Jan Overgaard Sensei, Tokushinryu Kobudo Sandan (3th dan) and Goju Ryu IOGKF Godan (5th dan). This process continues until present day.
In August 2016, Diego Sensei travels to the USA to participate in the first OIKKA World Karate Championship, Allentown NJ. where he reaches the 1st place in empty hand and Kobudo kata.
Closing the 2016, Diego sensei participates as representative of Seishinkan in the kata seminar dictated by Uechi Tsuyoshi Sensei, hosted Joshinkan Denmark and Lars Andersen sensei.
During three days training sessions were carried out focused on the basic technical aspects, katas and their respective bunkai.
In September of 2017, moves to Stockholm Sweden, to begin the opening process of the first Seishinkan Dojo in Europe, and in November of that year, he is sent to Romania as a WUIKA, Tokushinryu Kobudo 徳身流古武道 and Seishinkan Budo representative, to carry out a tour for several dojos conducting seminars with the sole objective of supporting the development and expansion of Isshinryu 一心流 in the region.
In March 2018 and as part of the TOKUSHINRYU EUROPE WINTER CAMP in Copenhagen, Denmark, Diego Sensei was promoted to Nidan (2nd dan) in Tokushinryu Kobudo and managed to carry out an extraordinary participation in the 2nd TOKUSHINRYU CUP, where he reached the podium in the 1st place.
In August of the same year, he traveled to Okinawa together with the Seishinkan team lead by Osvaldo Rodriguez sensei, to represent Chile in the “1st Okinawa Karate International Tournament“第1回沖縄空手国際大会 and take part in the series of seminars dictated by the highest authorities of the Karate & Kobudo in Okinawa.
On this occasion, Diego sensei is also promoted to godan (5th dan) in Okinawa Traditional Isshinryu 一心流空手古武道 (Click here to review the article) within the course of the training series that were developed during those three weeks.
In August 2022, he was part of the Chilean delegation that traveled one more time to Okinawa to participate in “The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament 第2回沖縄空手国際大会, where he became vice-champion in the Shuri/Tomari-te Kei, Male I division. This is to date, the highest category sporting achievement considering also the historical significance for the Isshinryu community in the world. Click on THIS LINK to see the article with the details.
- Continues to systematically develop his training and research at Isshinryū Karate 一心流空手 & Tokushinryū Kobudō 徳身流古武道 in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Current Seishinkan Budo School Europe , Tokushinryu Kobudo & Okinawa Isshinryu Karate representative in Sweden.
- Chief instructor at Seishinkan Budō in Stockholm Sweden, which aims to be the base in Europe from which the project of our organisation will continue to be developed and become the official training place of Isshinryū & Tokushinryū Kobudō in the country.
- Physical Education & Sports Teacher in the Internationella Engelska Skolan, Älvsjö since 2018
- Currently working on the development and consolidation of various projects aimed at the exchange of Isshinryu 一心流 and Tokushinryū 徳身流 practitioners between Europe and South America. (See more about the previous exchanges programs: Rumania – Chile 2018 & Denmark – Chile 2019)
THE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE DEVELOPMENT INCLUDES:
- Personal Trainer and Fitness Advisor in the Swedish fitness company Pulse & Träning in Stockholm, Sweden. 2018 – 2019.
- Personal Trainer between 2016 and 2018 for one of the largest Danish fitness companies in the country Fitness DK (currently SATS Denmark).
- Formulating and executing projects for the CYS WORLDSPORTS company, aimed at the development of human capital in the business environment of the Bio Bio county, Chile.
- Responsible for formulating and executing the development project of formative karate for children and youngsters for the Seishinkan Budo School organisation in South America.
- Between 2010 and 2016 as a Physical Education and Sports Teacher, takes part as a team leader in the annual summer camps for the Estadio Español Chiguayante, Recreational & Sports company in Concepcion, Chile.
- Between 2013 and 2016 he takes part of the Llacolen Sport Center, Health & Physical Activity Team, implementing and developing several programs oriented toward the injury prevention, sports rehabilitation, metabolic activation and sport performance optimization in several athletes and audience in general.
- Guide in several generic skills workshops, focused on effective communication, leadership and human capital development, focused on local companies.
- Between 2010 and 2016, fitness coach and advisor for several athletes in the Bio Bio county, Chile.
- Head Coach of the Seishinkan Budo School karate team, Chile.