“The school where the Spirit is refined”
Seishinkan is a martial arts organization dedicated to the dissemination and teaching of Budō 武道. Founded on May 1, 1987, by Osvaldo Rodriguez Sensei who has devoted a lifetime to the training, research and teaching of martial arts as a philosophy of life that helps human growth and development. Currently, with 30 years of operation, it is constituted as an organization in its own right, with representatives in different parts of Chile and Europe.
Seishinkan was recognised by Okinawa Japan through Grand Master Angi Uezu and from 1992 to 2017 it worked hard on the essential principles of the Isshin Ryu Karate & Kobudo 一心流空手古武道 under his direction.
Seishin has his bases in the systematic practice of Okinawan war arts, which in the modern era have become systems of the integral evolution of the human being through the practice of Budō 武 道. This term encompasses the contemporary Japanese / Okinawan martial arts technical knowledge and a certain set of ethical norms that govern the behaviour of its practitioners in a similar way to what Bushidō 武士道 represented for the ancient samurai 侍.
Seishin uses this systematic practice as a way of overcoming and developing its practitioners in its three stages: Body, Mind and Spirit (Shin-Gi-Tai 心技体).
The Kanjis that make up the idea and true feeling of SEISHIN are translated as follows:
Refined, pure authentic.
Whose meaning is related to spirit. soul, with the superior mind.
The daily operation of our school is constantly guided and supported by the Seishin philosophy, based on three very important oriental concepts:
- The Wabi Sabi 侘 寂: imperfect but happy.
- Ichi Go Ichi E 一期一会: every moment is unique.
- Zen 禪 Spirit: the moment is now
Consolidating these concepts, Seishinkan can be translated as “The School where the Spirit is refined”, through a disciplined practice for our body, systematic for our mind, and hard for our spirit.
SEISHINKAN BUDO: The Institutional Vision & Mission
Seishinkan aims to become a recognised and distinguished martial arts organization, nationally and internationally, for the high standards in human, technical and professional quality of all its members. Due to its unique way of contributing to the integral development of human beings through the systematic practice of karate and related arts, its objective is to rescue, revalue and validate the deep educational and formative roots that make Karate and Kobudo of Okinawa unique and that has been transmitted through generation in generation up to our hands.
In addition to preserving the roots of Okinawa’s traditional arts, the central commitment of Seishinkan is to contribute to the integral development of the human being using the Oriental Martial Arts as the main tool due to its high philosophical and formative content, rescued decades ago by the Okinawan masters and preserved until today by thousands of dedicated practitioners around the world.
- Maintain the legacy of all masters who represent the purest essence of Okinawa karate and kobudo 沖縄空手古武道, related martial arts and specifically the Isshin Ryu一心流 founded by Master Shinkishi “Tatsuo” Shimabukuro 島袋龍夫
- Promote the codes and principles of Master Shimabukuro島袋龍夫
- Rescue the high value and philosophical content of the Okinawan Martial Arts and apply them to the formal and non-formal education system.
- Karate-Do & Kobudo use as a valid path of integral movement education, delivering a new alternative and study field of physical activity science.
- Provide space and support to any organisation and/or school that promotes the values and principles of Okinawan Karate-Do 沖縄空手道 and related Martial Arts.
- Establish networks and alliances with different organizations of Oriental Martial Arts, national and international and contribute in this way to the enrichment of the practitioners of our organization.
- Nurture constantly our students of different knowledge concerning the practice of Isshin Ryu Karate do 一心流空手道 oriented towards the maximum theoretical and technical development of all Seishinkan students.
- Provide opportunities for professional development through the instructor training program, which aims to develop the skills that allow the successful teaching of karate and kobudō as a physical activity.
- Provide to parents and guardians who trust in our child development project, an alternative to support the school educational process of their children through the regular and systematic practice of Karate & Kobudō 空手古武道.
- Provide support to formal and non-formal educational organisations that decide to incorporate the practice of martial arts into their educational curriculum with the aim of contributing to the comprehensive education of their students.
- Stimulate and generate in our students the ability to transfer the Dojo’s learning to everyday life.
- Deliver practical tools for personal development.
- Nurture our students of solid philosophical foundations that contribute to the search of a personal grow path.
We invite you to learn more about our school and the 30th anniversary celebrated during the 2017 with a historical and photographic review in the article entitled
“SEISHINKAN BUDO SCHOOL, 30th ANNIVERSARY: Research & Historical Perspective“